Camotes Island is noted as famous and well-known top tourist destination in the islands of Cebu. Once known as “The Lost Horizon” of the South because of its unspoiled atmosphere.
Another thing that manifests about how this particular island evolves into a must-sought-visit because it has the quality of sugary beaches (a mini Boracay), picturesque and serene place. Aside from the beautiful beach resorts, to make your stay worthwhile, by visiting other important tourist spots including:
- Timubo cave (exploring and swimming)
- Bukilat cave
- Baywalk in San Fernando
- Panganuron Falls
- Buho Rock
- Santiago Bay
- Lake Danao Park
- and other exciting features available at the island.
Anyways, I am sharing herewith our memorable pictures to give you an idea on how this place looks good and truly fascinating.
You don’t have to worry around when you choose to visit Camotes as there are available cheap resorts and even tour packages when you landed at the port terminal of Camotes. And to guide you through, here are my list of available Camotes Islands Bed and Breakfast. Should there be added not mentioned below, you may drop a comment below and or leave a message.
- Santiago Bay Garden & Resort (San Francisco)
- Keshe Beach Resort (San Francisco)
- My Little Island Hotel (Poro Island)
- Mangodlong Paradise Beach Resort (San Francisco)
- Swiss Lagoon Camotes
- Sunset Bay Beach Resort
- Aizawa Beach Resort
- Heritage Inn
- Coco Grove Nature Resort
- Payag Beach House Resort
- Camotes Seaview Pension House
- Harbor View Family Resort
- Masamayor Beach House and Resort
- Palanas Beach Resort
- Sunset Vista Resort
- Vall Hall Resort
Where is Camotes island?
The Camotes Islands are a group of islands that form part of the province of Cebu, Philippines. The island group is located at the eastern part of Cebu and southwest of Leyte Island, and north of Bohol Island. The Camotes is comprised by the following four islands and their municipalities:
- Poro (municipalities: Poro and Tudela)
- Pacijan (municipality: San Francisco)
- Ponson (municipality: Pilar)
- Tulang (barangay Esperanza)
How to get through Camotes?
- Aznar boat – Travels daily through the Island from Pier 2 (Cebu Port), Cebu City, at 9:00 am. If you don’t know how to get off the said port, better ride on a taxi cab while it’s convenient way to reach at the port terminal.
- Danao City port – Travel starts at 6:00 am and onward. Boat’s travel time will take about 2-3 hours depending on the sea’s temperament. To reach the said port, you must ride on a jeepney with #27 via Danao beside the White Gold Club House (Reclamation Area). Travel time in going to Danao is about an hour.
- Ouano Wharf – Location is at Looc, Mandaue City that travels daily at 1:00pm.
- Ocean Jet – They have two daily trips which you can also get to Camotes (Poro). From Cebu to Camotes is 6:00 am and 3:00 pm and the return trip is at 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Rate is P330/pax. Thanks for sharing this info Mam Cymbelline!
- Jomalia fastcraft – Alternatively the fastest way to get to Camotes island from Mactan Island, it takes an estimate of 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Important Travel Tips through Camotes
- Scroll down below for a more precise schedule of Camotes vessel.
- If you have arrived ahead of your boat schedule, you may spend time for a while by exploring at Danao City park just located few minutes away of Danao Port. Like we did before in the picture above.
- At Camotes Island dock you still have to ride a motorcycle for hire or Habal-habal (Visayan term) in order to reach at your desired destination.
- Tour guides are visible at the Camotes dock site for your tour arrangement or itinerary, tour packages and accommodation needs.
- Motorcycle drivers are hospitable and they could help you get through to where are the famous stay-in Hotel & Resort or to affordable stay-in rooms.
- You can also even ask the “habal-habal” drivers for tour arrangement through all the tourists destination. Arrange them for pick-up when you want to leave Camotes.
- There are daily trips from Danao City Port (motorized banca and RORO boats); in Mandaue City Ouano Warf (motorized banca) and also from Pier 1 (ferry boat/fast craft).
- Chartered flights is also available mostly for private tours only to Camotes.
- It is advisable to reserve tickets ahead of your travel schedule to avoid disappointments esp. when your vacation falls on Holiday season like during Holy week.
- No Bank/ATM machine.
- Credit cards are accepted in most renowned hotels and beach resorts at Camotes.
To give us complete details of boat schedule in going through Camotes, I got this useful information from a website for our guide.
Boat Schedule from Danao City to Camotes Island
Danao City port to Poro, Camotes
- 5:30 am via Ave Maria Pumpboat
- 1:00 pm via Super Shuttle Ferry
Danao City port to Consuelo, Camotes
- 5:30 am via Jomalia Shipping
- 6:30 am via Shuttle Ferry
- 8:30 am via Jomalia Shipping
- 10:30 am via RJR pumpboat
- 12:00 pm via Jomalia Shipping
- 5:30 pm via Jomalia Shipping
Cebu Pier 1 to Consulelo, Camotes
- 9:00 am via Golden Shipping Fastcraft
Cebu Pier 1 to Poro, Camotes
- 5:30 pm via Golden Shipping Fastcraft
Boat schedule from Camotes Island to Danao City, Mandaue City & Cebu City
Consuelo, Camotes to Danao CityPort
- 5:30 am via Jomalia Shipping
- 9:00 am via Jomalia Shipping
- 10:00 am via Super Shuttle Ferry
- 2:00 pm via Jomalia Shipping
- 4:00 pm via Jomalia Shipping
Poro, Camotes to Cebu Pier 1
- 6:00 am via Golden Shipping Fastcraft
- 12:00 pm via Golden Shipping Fastcraft
Poro, Camotes to Mandaue City, Ouano Wharf
- 11:00 am via Sto Nino de Cebu pumpboat
Poro, Camotes to Danao City Port
- 5:00 pm via Super Shuttle Ferry
*** Should you find outdated and obsolete data indicated herein, I would appreciate if you will leave a message or drop a comment below. Thank you so much!
Planning to have your vacation at the Camotes Islands? I just hope that the content above provides aid on your future plan trips. While it is most prominent that staying a day wouldn’t be enough, but rather prefer to stay longer than two days or more for a more satisfying tour experience around the island.
Disclaimer: Images posted herein were just history and somehow throwback photos. Couple involved herein had been separated already. This is for informational only and not intended to damage nor could harm other parties involved.
Thank you for visiting my blogsite. I would be much happier to see your feedback and more comments below this post. God bless us always!
Related keywords: camotes island, camotes island resorts, camotes island accommodation, camotes island map, camotes island tourist spots, camotes island hotels, camotes island cheap resorts, camotes island tour, camotes island beach resorts, camotes island tour packages, camotes islands, camotes islands map, camotes islands philippines, camotes islands typhoon, camotes islands resorts, camotes islands tourist spots, camotes islands accommodation, camotes islands cebu philippines, islands of cebu, islands of cebu philippines, best islands of cebu, islands of south cebu, islands of north cebu, islands cebu hotel, cebu island, cebu island hopping, cebu island hotel, cebu island resorts, cebu island beach,