The sculpture of Miraculous Mother Mary at the Monastery of the Holy Eucharist is primarily located at Marian Hills, Lindogon, Simala, Sibonga, Cebu, Philippines. This is a sacred place where it has chronicles of manifestations and beliefs that people from all walks of life came to visit not once but as often.
The holy place is commonly known by locals as “Birhen Sa Simala”, “Simala Church” or “Simala“. Filled with miraculous testimonials from devotees, believers and visitors who witnessed the event during the shedding of blood tears of Mother Mary’s image.
Here’s the full texts as inscribed refer to the image above.
“This crown structure is memorial of the victorious and powerful intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mother thru the Penitential Rosary Walk in 1998, against the killer epidemic hat struck the place, where several lives of poor children and infants had died. Built to honor Mary on the 8th year anniversary of the Monks arrival in Lindogon. Blessed on the 27th day of February, 2004.”
Recommendable Place to Visit in Cebu
As a Cebuano, I would love to recommend to please pay a visit at the holy place or the divine sanctuary of Mother Mary before heading back to your beloved place neither evoke anyone to include on your itinerary when you’re planning to visit Cebu and its component cities.
Should you wish to visit but do not know how to get there? Anyways, kindly scroll down below because I’ve included herewith on how to get through to Birhen sa Simala. Hope this helps!
There are living testimonials of the people whose prayers have been granted and answered. The appearance of the living proof having been displayed in the galleries in an ‘aparador’/glass closet – filled with tributes, letters/notes of achievements, granted prayers (about: employment, cured sick, working abroad and or board passers) from people whom have received the divine grace of Holy Mary. There are also different crutches and walkers (with letters), badges (with letters) existed and many more.
Donations & Prayer Requests
Should you wish to give donations may it be in a form of monetary or in kind? While inside the monastery upon stepping up through the altar, there’s an office of the monks that you can transact with your concerns. Hence it’s always good to approach directly to them and not to anyone else at the monastery.
Aside from donations, there are several boxes being displayed inside a certain area of monastery purposely for prayer requests, petitions and thanksgiving letters. Put a moment of time to write up your letter request and petitions and place it on a box you will see it nearby. Aside of those, a souvenir shop is also available inside the monastery that sells variety of rosaries, statues, prayer guides, and etc.
Church Dress Code/ Regulation
A gentle reminder from the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines, the following guidelines must be strictly followed and not allowed to wear inside the Monastery: wearing of tube & short blouses/dresses, fitting & transparent pants, spaghetti straps/sleeveless dress, mini skirts, shorts.
While taking you to the Monastery, it is required to remove footwear before entering the Mother Mary’s prayer room. Cameras flash should be turned off while taking pictures so as not to interrupt/destruct others when praying.
All Catholic & Non-Catholic are advised to please respect and observe solemnity inside the Church. Smoking is prohibited inside the premises. Parking area is situated to the right side of the entrance.
Candles available nearby monastery
There’s an available colored candles near the monastery. Proceeds of the candles will give part to the monks for funds. The following are colored candles with its own purpose.
- Gold: Healing (Good health, Recovery, Spiritual, Family Tree)
- Green: Prosperity/Success (Exams, Study, Financial, Business)
- Blue: Perseverance (Employment, Career, Assignment, Promotions)
- Violet: Achievement (Plans in life, Struggles, Endeavors, Journeys, Voyage)
- Red: Love (Utility, Friendship, Engagement, Family)
- Yellow: Peace (Courage, Strength, Hope)
- White: Purity (Enlightenment, Guidance, Right Path)
- Orange: Reconciliation (Sweetheart, Wife, Husband, Enemy, Family)
- Pink: Thanksgiving/Happiness/Joy (Spiritual, Physical)
- Black: Souls (Forgiveness, Pardon)
- Brown: Vocation (Marriage Bond, God’s Servant, Single life)
- Gray: Deliverance (Bad ways, Things, Spirits)
- Cream: Conversion/Faith (Children, Household, Couples)
Aside from the different colors outside the monastery, there are also ordinary candles available at the candle station inside the monastery.
The Old Facade of the Monastery
Referring to the image above is an old facade of the monastery. The long stairs on both sides are the only way to go through the pilgrimage center of Marian devotees. Expanded castle isn’t started yet that time not until today (the year 2018) where the Monastery has greatly transformed into a big sanctuary castle than before. This I think with the help of the continuing support from the benevolent hearts of benefactors who made this sanctuary into a most visited place in Cebu.
To date, the construction is still on-going and presumably when soon be finished or completed, this can give convenience and ample space for supporters, guests, devotees and visitors.
The Replica of Miraculous Mother Mary
The most sacred replica of Miraculous Mother Mary and among the holiest location at the monastery that silence must be observed so to respect nor disrupt others who are praying.
Should you wish to visit and encounter a different holy feeling, this holy image is situated at the back where you have to expect a long queue in order to reach at the altar. Somehow you wouldn’t feel bad waiting once you firmly believe in miracle. That’s true! The living proofs are the increasing numbers of visitors and devotees would go there regularly in any type of the day.
Aside from maintaining silence, a gentle reminder to all devotees to turn-off your camera’s flash while getting inside at this sacred place. Besides, you will likely observe once you’ll get inside.
Different replica/statue of Blessed Virgin Mary…
There are different types of statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary inside the monastery which represents different culture and replica’s from different places/provinces of the Philippines and even replica’s of Virgin Mary from other countries.
A visitors log book has also been observed perhaps you can log-in your name purposely for documentation as guests for that day.
Long queue through the main altar…
During peak season and special occasions anticipate for huge number of people in a long queue. You’ll be walking in a barefoot (requires to take-off footwear) in heading to the statue of Blessed Virgin Mary (as seen above).
Birhen Sa Simala – Holy Mass Schedule
- Sundays – 12:00 noon & 3:30 pm
- Mondays – 12:00 noon
- Tuesdays – 12:00 noon
- Wednesdays – 12:00 noon
- Thursdays – 12:00 noon
- Fridays – 12:00 noon
- Saturdays – 10:30 am
- 13th of the month 10:30 am & 3:30 pm
Where & How to get through to Birhen sa Simala?
- If you are from Cebu City heading through Sibonga town proper, an estimate of 50 kilometers southeast or travel time for about 2-hours.
- It can be reached via any of the buses (aircon/non air-con) that leaves regularly through southern Cebu from South Bus Terminal along N. Bacalso Ave. in Cebu City.
- Bus fare is less than a hundred pesos. The place is famous among all passengers, just ask the conductor to drop you off at the crossing way to Birhen sa Simala.
- At the crossing, spend another few kilometers away by riding in a motorcycles for hire “habal-habal” or public tricycles.
- The Monastery of the Holy Eucharist opens daily from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Another means of transportation going through Simala is riding on a V-Hire. There are two available terminals. Right at Junquera St. and at Caltex Gasoline station across the South Bus Terminal.
For first timers in Cebu, this sacred place is one that I highly recommend for you to visit with someday. And, should you wish to see more photos of the Monastery, perfect because I’ve got more photos for you in our Facebook page. Hope this is helpful.