It was another manic Monday when we thought of having a wanderlust since going out somewhere or out-of-town is beyond our budget. I was thinking of visiting a tourist destination just within our reach around Cebu City. Then a swift thought about going through TAOIST TEMPLE at Beverly Hills, Lahug, Cebu City in which something a must sought visit once again. Oh, I was just little since the last time I had able to visit at this famous tourist spot specially to among foreigners and non-local visitors.
Going at the top of Beverly Hills achieves panoramic view in 180 degrees and is highly photogenic and beautiful view – which believe that it was built in the second half of the last century.
Unlike Phu Sian Temple which is also located in neighboring Taoism worshiping place, where TAOIST TEMPLE is open to all worshipers and non-worshipers. Wherein this is the center of worship for Taoism. Getting around the place has NO ENTRANCE FREE and it is open to everyone.
PHILIPPINE TAOIST TEMPLE, INC. | CEBU TAOIST TEMPLE | IMAGES
HOW TO GET THERE?
- Cebu Taoist Temple is located about 10 minutes away from JY Square Mall – Barangay Lahug.
- It is recommended to ride on a taxi cab (for convenience) since the place is somewhat far from the main road.
- To commute by jeepney (PUJ), opt to ride via 17B/17C, fare rate from Cebu City proper is Php10.
- You need to stop at JY Square Mall and look for habal-habal driver and ask to drop you off at Taoist temple.
Built in 1972, the Cebu Taoist Temple as one of Places of worship in the Philippines which is located in Beverly Hills Subdivision in Cebu City, Philippines. The temple was built by Cebu’s substantial Chinese community. With an elevation of 300 metres (980 ft) above sea level, the temple is a towering, multi-tired, multi-hued attraction accessible by three separate winding routes.
- Don’t wear shorts or sleeveless if you wish to enter the temple’s altar.
- Observe silence, since this is a place of prayer.
- It is not allowed to take pictures of the altar.
- Includes washing of hands.
- Going inside the chapel with barefoot.
- Dropping two blocks of wood.
- If the blocks of wood are both face up then one could make a wish.
- If not then it is not yet the time for one’s wish to be granted and one has to come to the temple some other time.
OPERATING HOURS: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
LOCATION: Beverly Hills Subdivison, Lahug, Cebu City 6000, Cebu, Philippines
[See more photos on our Facebook page]