It took me a while to publish this post due to certain situations came into my life. And the truth is, inevitably hopes and dreams were dying – that’s why I have the lack of courage and strength in everything.
Actually, I felt ashamed to Sir Ron Perry hence this post shouldn’t have been delayed as the visit happened last first week of October, as of writing. That’s why I need to finalize the draft and urge to publish this article before Christmas day.
My verdict. Actually my visit had gone beyond my expectation. Virgin Beach Resort in Daanbantayan, Cebu, is the perfect beach resort to getaway, soul-search, and enjoy in the Northern Cebu.
For me, there was no piece of regret even though I traveled solo. I had fun roaming around the place. It took me around 2hours & a half to get fully discover around to what has been stored in the entire venue. So very thankful to Sir Ron Perry, the owner of the resort, of this great privilege – a complimentary visit.
Traveling Solo. Honestly, this journey wasn’t the usual me in my entire life, backpacking alone is not the usual thing especially to a distinct place. I am afraid to travel alone. Not brave enough. Worried at first. Sad. Weary heart. Ever since I get used to travel along with my best-travel-buddy but things different now, sometimes we couldn’t change the real fact – confused – beaten by the truth and victim of unfaithfulness – hard to accept but sometimes life could go along way as unexpected.
The Arrival at VBR. However, upon arrival it did realize me that this is somehow the perfect venue for me. My thoughts: “This is gonna be the perfect place for me, to soul-search, meditate, to escape from the bustling city life and have sometime to think.” That moment therefore deduced myself that traveling solo is good and wonderful experience. We also needed to find ourselves, to a place where you could relax, relieve, treating and pampering alone.
Solo Backpackers. I know there are numbers of solo backpackers around the globe actually they had all inspiring testimonies which you never think and they were able to conquer it and even enjoying their life with traveling solo. For in my case, this is rare, learning sometime to travel alone can be as hardest as it seems for me. But I think – going in a beach resort couldn’t be as hard rather of those invading in a place where there’s an adrenaline rush, to conquer the highest mountain, hopping to different islands and the like. These kind of activity is one thing that I can’t do. Well, I have been thinking about it now…
VIRGIN BEACH RESORT CEBU is definitely the beach resort you’ve been looking for – far away from the hustle and bustle city, off the beaten path – a place where you could find peaceful, quite, solitude, seclusion. You wouldn’t feel bored actually although it’s serene but expect what you wanted to achieve in a secluded place – just enjoy the moment of your stay. Enjoy the breeze of the sea, look around, play, opt to swim at the pool or at the beach and unwind together with your loved ones and friends. For room rates check this link first.
Wait there’s more! They have newly equipped function hall can accommodate up to 250 heads – perfect for special occasions like birthdays, anniversary, team building, christening, wedding venue and other gatherings.
For fun and leisure activities they have beach volleyball field, different kiosks to choose from, barbeque stalls, available comfort rooms, and wide land good for outdoor plays for teams and friends. Kayak and Surf board is also available for rent at 50 pesos per hour.
And to further your imagination kindly see Virgin Beach Resort images below…
About VBR (Virgin Beach Resort)
This is a private beach resort – owned and operated by Sir Ron and Ma’am Fe Perry (based in 1542 E. Glenwood Ave., Tulare CA 93274). There inspiring stories began as couple in Bogo, Cebu. Happily married and blessed with two wonderful children Ronron and Mandy. Virgin Beach Resort acquired the land in 1992. Construction began in 1994 and fully operated in 1995. Until today, the resort has fully grown and even kept memories that those laminated pictures been hanging in their walls can be found at the Orchid Hotel – serves as living witness how this establishment did a great impart in the family and to all their guests.
What to expect at Virgin Beach Resort? It has all the amenities of a first class resort at it’s affordable tariff rates and prices. It has beautiful swimming pool – ideal for young and adult – with water slide, surrounded with lush blooms of tropical landscape. It has gentle sea breezes, crystal clear warm coral sea, romantic nights, gourmet meals, multilingual attentive staff.
Why prefer to choose Virgin Beach Resort? One of Cebu’s best kept secrets located just 120 km north of Cebu City and only 17 km north of Bogo City. Virgin Beach Resort Cebu has accommodations for everyone’s budget including the economical Barkada Lodge, the Bougainvillea Hotel (standard rooms), the Orchid Hotel (superior rooms), and the Orchid Deluxe Cottages (deluxe suites). With available restaurant and bar available 24/7. Conference room for banquets up to 250 persons. Which includes amenities you can think of for a beach resort including island hopping, snorkeling, scuba diving nearby, pro-golf course nearby and so much more.
Virgin Beach Resort Cebu – Rooms and Tariff Rates
- Orchid Family Duplex Cottage Room – Family duplex cottage. Each room has 4 double beds – each bed good for 2 persons, room is good for up to 8 persons. Overlooking view of the swimming pool and sea from the veranda. Air-conditioned rooms, electric fan, tv/dvd, apartment fridge, large c.r. with hot water. Each has veranda and view of the swimming pool.
- Orchid Deluxe Large Duplex Cottage Suites – Large duplex cottages. Same with Family Duplex Cottage Room, facing the sea and swimming pool from veranda front and back. Air-conditioned, hot water in shower, kitchenette (with refrigerator, rice cooker, gas cook top (gas extra), utensils), table/chairs, electric fan, tv/dvd player, satellite t.v., safe, two double beds (option to add one more double bed for total capacity of 6 persons). Overnight rate (24 hours) P2,500 per night.
Weekly Rate (7 Nights) P2,000 per night
Monthly Rate (30 Nights) P1,500 per night
- Orchid Deluxe Small Duplex Cottage Suites – Large duplex cottages. With veranda view of the sea and swimming pool. Air-conditioned rooms, hot water in the shower, electric fan, kitchenette (with refrigerator, rice cooker, gas cook top (gas extra), utensils), table/chairs, t.v./dvd, satellite tv, one double bed with night stand and room divider. Overnight rate (24 hours) P2,000 per night.
Weekly Rate (7 Nights) P1,600 per night
Monthly Rate (30 Nights) P1,200 per night
- Orchid Hotel Superior Rooms – Has 10 superior rooms located nearby reception area, entertainment area and Orchid Bar and Restaurant. There are 5 rooms on each side with the common areas in the middle and veranda all the way. There is an entrance to each superior room from the common area and from the veranda. Each room has private hot and cold shower, air-conditioned, electric fan, mini ref, tv/dvd and either one double bed or two twin beds. Overnight rate (24 hours) P1,600 per night.
Weekly Rate (7 Nights) P1,400 per night
Monthly Rate (30 Nights) P1,000 per night
- Bougainvillea Hotel Standard Rooms – Located nearby the entrance has 6 standard rooms and common bathrooms. A veranda front and back with tables and chairs for guests. Rooms are small (only 9 squre meters) and air-conditioned, electric fan, table/chairs, tv/dvd, double bed or double bunks and mini frig. Overnight rate (24 hours) P800 per night
Weekly Rate (7 Nights) P600 per night
Monthly Rate (30 Nights) P300 per night
- Barkada Lodge – is the most affordable accommodation available rate. Located near the conference/function hall and basketball court. Each room has 6 bunk beds or room for 12 in each room for a total of 24 persons. There is electric fan only and toilet and bath facilities are in the common c.r. of the hotel and conference room. Each room has several tables and chairs in addition to the bunk beds and each room has a veranda with table and chairs for our guests. Overnight rate (24 hours) P300 per person. Includes linen and use of all resort amenities. Bring your own bedding and towel if prefers w/o linen for P200 per person. With aircon for P300 per room per night (8 hours) or P600 per room for 24 hours.
- Published Rate is inclusive of breakfast daily.
- Check-in and Check-out is 12 noon (24hours)
- Early check-in P300. Late check-out P300.
- 12% Philippine Value Added Tax (V.A.T.) included in rate.
- 10% Service Fee (or Tip) is NOT included in rate.
— tariff rates info sourced from VBR website —
So here are the remaining parts of the picture for you to have the idea on how the place looks like.
Important Travel Facts on your journey through VBR
- Travel Time: 3 – 3 1/2 hours from Cebu North Terminal
- Transportation for each person: 284.00Php Ceres bus (non-aircon); 150Php Zhong Tong Bus (air-conditioned)
- Entrance Fee: Php 100.00 per head. Inclusive of swimming pool usage, beach front and kiosks. No entrance if you avail of room accommodation.
- Corkage fee: No corkage outside the vicinity of Orchid hotel.
- Swimming Pool: Observe proper swimming attire.
How to get there?
Head at Cebu North Bus Terminal, then take a bus that goes to Daanbantayan via Maya-Bagay. Don’t take Maya-Line. Tell the bus driver or the ticketing personnel/conductor to drop you off at the crossing or at the waiting shed of Sitio Suba, Barangay Malbago. You won’t get lost actually as they are familiar with the landmark or the keywords itself “Virgin Beach Resort”. At the crossing you will have to hire a motorcycle to take you at the resort which will cost you 20 pesos.
VBR Contact Information:
North Cebu Beach Resort: Virgin Beach Resort Cebu
Location: Sitio Suba, Barangay Malbago, Daanbantayan 6013 Cebu, Philippines.
Contact Numbers: Cell/Txt 0917-307-8341; Landline 032-354-8661
P.S. photos above were taken before typhoon Yolanda.