As of writing, this happened to be my second venture when I was off to Dumaguete City, which departed from Liloan port of Oslob via Sibulan. During this trip, I can still recall my first travel experience with my estranged husband, ’twas unexpected route to Sibulan port when we were both bounded off to Amlan. Then the latter journey was an emergency travel together with my youngest sister for a cause.
The purpose of this journal might sound helpful for those who are not familiar yet of the schedule and fare rate from port of Liloan through Sibulan port and or vice versa. Besides, I’d also wish to impart as your travel guide if you are leaving from Cebu South Bus Terminal to Liloan port of Santander.
And for adventure seekers or so called travelers, who’s looking for perfect destinations in Negros Oriental, I have enclosed herewith at the bottom of this page some important places to visit at Negros.
- How to get there in Sibulan-Dumaguete City
- Fare Rate & Schedule
- Schedule of Daily Trips
- Of Stories
- Get a Queue for a Good Seat
- Side Trips
- Available Tours in Negros Oriental
Anyhow, I have also posted below some of the images of Santander-Liloan Terminal and Sibulan Terminal to let you picture out of the said place.
How to get there in Sibulan-Dumaguete City
- Head to South Bus Terminal. Ceres buses operates from early dawn to night. Leaves the terminal every hour thereafter. You may please visit Cebu South Bus Terminal Schedule at www.cebu.gov.ph for more precise details.
- Kindly look for Ceres bus liner bound for Dumaguete City. You will be directed through Dumaguete City proper if by chance for this trip. The most convenient ride when you want to travel directly to Dumaguete via a bus. This is like a ro-ro system.
- However, if you are not lucky enough to get a chance to ride on via Dumaguete bus, otherwise, take another bus which bound for Oslob-Liloan. Since you will be heading to Dumaguete City, remind the bus conductor to drop you off until Liloan Port.
- Else, if your preference is going somewhere Tanjay or Bais City, take
Oslob Port orMaayo Shipping Lines Port Terminal or they call it “Matiao” port. Just don’t fail to inform the driver or conductor where to drop you off.
- Travel time estimation is about 3hours and 30minutes or more from the South Bus Terminal until Liloan, then will run a couple of minutes if bound to Oslob port in Santander. Travel time will likely depend on traffic esp. to some areas passing though Pardo, Talisay City, Mambaling and Carcar City.
- So when you are in Maayo Shipping or Matiao, that’s another 45minutes sailing through the port of Maayo Tampi – Amlan, Negros Oriental.
- Other insights if your preference is sailing on a Fastcraft vessel, travel estimate will most likely run about 20 minutes via a Santander Express fastcraft from Liloan port (for Dumaguete City) and
or Oslob port (for Amlan or Bais City)or vice versa.
Fare Rate & Schedule
Cuadro Alas Navigation Lines, Inc.
Sibulan Port Terminal, Sibulan, Negros Oriental
- Regular Fare >>>>>> P 70.00
- Student Privilege >>> P 60.00
- Senior Citizen >>>>> P 55.00
- Children 3 to 5 years old > P 35.00
- 5-9 years old (w/ terminal fee) >> P 35.00
- 3-4 years old >>>>>>>>>>>>>> P 25.00
Reminder: Schedules and fare rate are subject to change without prior notice. For sailing info, you may please contact the following: 4198280 (Sibulan port terminal); 09229858234 (Cuadro Alas)
Schedule of Daily Trips
Schedule from Liloan port to Sibulan port
- 4:30 AM – 5:00 AM
- 5:00 AM – 6:00 AM
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- 7:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Anyhow, here’s to share herewith the images of Sibulan Port hoping these give you idea on how the place looks like.
I left Cebu for a while and landed in Dumaguete City since my mother texted late on a Sunday evening past 11:00pm informing that she had confined at Dumaguete Provincial Hospital. After reading the text, I never had any daunt but asked for emergency leaves for three days with my boss and informed my other colleagues.
My parents’ are living in Amlan, Negros Oriental and it’s about one (1) hour plus drive going to Dumaguete City proper. I was even wondering that time because how the chance they’ve gone that far when in fact there’s supposed to be nearest Amlan District Hospital. The latter we knew that it was Amlan District Hospital opted to send off my mother and hired an ambulance bound for Dumaguete Hospital to give her a complete medical assistance.
In other views, I was also worried at that time because my pocket wasn’t prepared for such complicated situation. ‘What should I do when hospital bills goes up beyond my savings and be insufficient?’ (As the saying goes over my head) And it was heaven sent actually when I knew that my youngest sister also opted to travel along with me and so we both shared the hospital expenses. And we never also expected of the share from PhilHealth. After all the hurdles of our family, at least thank God we felt relieved.
As seen myself being the eldest is like a major responsibility, that is why I had to travel rapidly to assist at the hospital even though my father was around to take care of my mother.
Pictures of Sibulan Port
After my mother was discharged Wednesday at 4:00 pm, I had to decide that I should leave them immediately at the hospital lobby in order to catch up the last trip at 5:00pm to Sibulan terminal. That I should kept my promise at work to report back on Thursday morning. So I went straight ahead to Sibulan Port Terminal, in Sibulan, Negros Oriental from Dumaguete via multicab with Php 8.00 fare. The travel took me for about 20 – 30minutes.
It was unfortunate for me that very moment of Wednesday at Dumaguete when the weather was inclement. There’s a low pressure raised and typhoon could threatened us anytime of the day. Besides, the waves sounding like a wrath and somewhat helpless. At the back of my mind, I really felt afraid that time because what if there’s something happened to me the fact that I traveled alone? I am not a swimmer (#hohoh!). My youngest sister went back to Cebu on Tuesday wherein I left alone to travel on Wednesday back home to Cebu. To be honest, the travel was unpleasant and thank God we were all safe til we reached to Cebu Liloan port.
Of stories while on traveling back home
There were still many passengers on queue despite of the weather. Afraid. Looks like the weather had to tag along with me emotionally, as if my life back home in Cebu is not fair. My marriage. How devastated my life is. And yet as by faith, it takes me courage to live each day despite the burden of life. Make sense of this post? Hehehe just inserting… Drama’s could lead a flimsy life.
The image of Santander Express a Cuadro Alas fastcraft on passengers getting aboard of the ferryboat scheduled 5:00PM. Travel time takes about 30minutes.
If you are facing North after disembarking from the fastcraft, the two (2) photos posted above is situated right. I don’t have idea on what is the other port. Might be for private fishing vessel?
Get a Queue for a Good Seat
Did you know that? You wouldn’t have to worry of getting less chances for a good seat at the bus. In fact, i just knew that there’s a CERES BUS liner personnel whose assigned to cater passengers, situated at the left corner of counter ticketing booth – serving us conveniently in order to get a seat number on a first come first serve basis right after paying your ticket.
On a side note, if you wish for a far more travel adventures in Sibulan and Dumaguete City or in other important places in Negros Oriental, there are actually many exciting places you can look forward if you’re planning to visit Negros. Anyway, I have listed down the many adventure places, hoping I can help those who are yet planning to travel Negros Oriental.
Available Tours in Negros Oriental
- Lake Balanan
- Lake Balinsasayao
- Kayak Tours
- Mabinay Caves
- White Water Tours (Mabinay & Palinpinon)
- Mount Talinis Trekking & Camping
- Mount Kanlaon Trekking & Camping
- Apo Island
- Siquijor Island
- Sumilon Island
- Casaroro Falls & Malabo Falls
- Baslay Hot Spring
- Dumaguete City Tour
- Dumaguete & Countryside Tour
- Bais Dolphin & Whale Watching with White Sand Bar visit and swimming
Disclaimer: Details posted herein are just informational purpose only and should anything you see outdated or incorrect details please don’t hesitate to send message. Thanks for visiting this page. Enjoy your vacation. God bless!